Lurgan Town 4-0 Dromore Amateurs

On a difficult day for both teams, with unbelievably bad weather, Lurgan Town came out on top with a 4-0 win at home to Dromore Amateurs. The match began with Dromore having their fair share of the play, and getting a few shots on target, however Boyce was equal to them in the Lurgan net. Dromore looked dangerous from set pieces, however on the break Lurgan Town were causing major problems. The deadlock was broken, when a good run from Morgan Smyth get to the bye line and win his side a corner. The resulting corner kick was swung in by Heaney, and flew beyond the away keeper direct from the set piece, with the striker taking advantage of the conditions to make it 1-0. Lurgan soon went 2-0 up with a goal of the season contender. The ball broke to Ashley Gregg centrally around 30 yards out, he turned inside and hit a thunderous shot towards goal, leaving the Dromore keeper rooted to the spot with no chance of getting near it, doubling the Town’s lead. Gargasas was a constant thorn in Dromore’s side down the right, as he broke free quite a few times, only to be stopped by good defending.

Adams, Wiltshire and Haughey were pulling the strings across midfield and causing problems every time the ball turned over. Johnston was marshalling the back line well and the ever steady Judge and Smiley were causing problems with their play out from the back. Lurgan Town went 3-0 up, when the in-form Gregg, again similar to the first goal of the day, used the weather conditions to his benefit, whipping in an dangerous corner kick that nestled inside the far post to make it three for the day for the home side. Smyth again went on an unbelievable run, ghosting past no less than five Dromore players, only to be thwarted by a brilliant last ditch tackle just as he was about to slot home. Young Ethan Gorman entered the game, and caused havoc with his movement and dribbling, and looks to be a real asset going into the second half of the season. Adil Faila showed glimpses of what he can do on a number of occasions, and linked up well Wiltshire. The final goal of the day came when Smiley opened out of defence and ripped a beautiful ball in-between the full back and centre half, and the electric Timmy Millen latched on to it, rounded the keeper and slotted home.

Man of the Match – Luke Adams – Fantastic display in midfield and covered every blade of grass. Great to see him back to his very best at an important stage of the season. Special mention to Marcus Smiley who again had a good game.