Comfortable Win For U14s

The match started with Lurgan passing the ball about well. Stefan King had a couple of half chances in the first couple of minutes only to be thwarted by the defence. Lurgan pressed the Markethill defence. Their pressure payed off on the 10th minute. Codey Ferris broke free from the defenders. Only to be brought down. Penalty to Lurgan. Up stepped Codey and slots it past the keeper. Lurgan pushed on and Ferris again broke through the defence on the 13th minute and slotted it past the keeper. 2-0 Lurgan.

Ryan Matthews was spraying pass after pass for the strikers and he got in on the action with a ferocious shot from outside the box which gave the keeper no chance. 3-0 Lurgan. Stefan King again terrorized the Markethill defence only for the final ball to let him down. An awful mistake from the Markethill keeper gifted Stefan a 1-on-1 and this time he made no mistake and slotted it past the keeper for 4-0. The game slowed down for the next 10 minutes as both teams looked tired.

Aronas received the ball on the wing and made a blistering run at the defence, took it round three players and hit a sweet low shot past the keeper. 5-0. Straight from the kick off Lurgan where after more, and on the 32nd minute. Ferris skipped past a couple of players and slotted past the keeper to make it 6-0. On the 34th minute Codey got his 4th goal of the game hitting a shot from outside the box that flew over the top of the keeper. 7-0.

The second half started with Markethill hunting Lurgan on the ball and pushing for some consolation. But Lurgan’s defence held well. On the 40th min Stefan King was on the score sheet again. Skipping past a couple of players and slotting past the keeper. 8-0. Just 2 minutes later and King completed his hatrick to make it 9-0. Mohammed Rasool came on for Daniel Lindsay and was soon on the score sheet hitting a shot from the corner of the box giving the keeper no chance 10-0.

On the 50th minute. Ryan found space just outside the box and hit a better shot than the first. The keeper could only watch as it flew past him. Codey found himself with a bit of space in the box and hit a hard shot past the keeper for 12-0. With the last kick of the game Mohammed scored with a screamer from outside the box to make it 13-0. Well done boys you all played brilliantly today.

A minutes silence was held before kick of for the late Cameron Truesdale and both sets of players done their clubs proud.