Back To Winning Ways

Lurgan Town LL13s played Camlough Rovers on Saturday morning in the league at the Barbour playing fields & came away with a comfortable 6 – 2 win, getting them back to winning ways.

Town started the game like a wounded animal after their defeat last Saturday to Windmill & were on top of Camlough right from the whistle & nearly took the lead from their 1st attack when Stokes played MacDonald down the right wing he whipped in a great cross for Alexander to head the ball just wide of the goal.

It was another fantastic cross from the impressive MacDonald on the right side of the box on 10 mins that opened the scoring when Alexander controlled the ball well & flicked the ball over the keepers head into the net for 1 – 0. It was soon 2 – 0 when when Cassells won the ball back in midfield he put Towe away on one of his mazie runs only for him to be fouled 10 yards outside the box. Alexander stepped up to curle the free kick into top right corner of the net for his 2nd goal & Town’s 2nd goal also.

Town made it 3 – 0 on 18 mins when Browne won a great tackle on the edge of his own box & played a neat pass to the superb Towe in midfield who spread the ball out right to MacDonald who went on a run into the box & played a one two with Alexander & fired a great shot into the top right corner of the net to score his 1st goal for the team after his move up from the Colts team.

Town made it 4 – 0 just before half time when left back Moore put Orr away on a fantastic run down left wing he beat 2 Camlough defender’s & squared across goal for Alexander to tap in for his hat-trick. The half ended with the Town boys 4 – 0 in front.

The 2nd half started the same as the 1st had with Town on the attack & Murphy & Suchonski had shots saved well by the Camlough keeper. On 40 mins Towe should have made it 5 – 0 when Orr played him through one on one with the keeper but he shot over the bar from just inside the box.

Camlough then scored twice in 5 mins the 1st of their goals from a free kick just outside the box & the 2nd from abit of sloppy defending. With the score now at 4 – 2 that seemed to waken the Town boys up again, when Vennard played a nice pass into the feet of Alexander 10 yards outside the box but he was fouled & from the resulting free kick, Towe smashed it into the top right corner of the net making it 5 – 2 to the Town.

With 5 mins remaining Town made it 6 – 2 when man of the match MacDonald broke down the right wing & whipped in another great cross for Murphy to head home from 6 yards out for his 13th goal of the season & that’s how the match finished. Back to winning ways with a great team performance well done lads.

Squad – Jack Calvert, Jamie Stokes, Conan Moore, Patryk Suchonski, Ethan Browne, Joey Mac Donald, Andrew Orr, Adhamh Towe, Krisy Cassells, Shea Murphy, Dylan Alexander, Luke Vennard, Diarmuid Whitmarsh.