6 Straight Wins

under 13 lisburn league 1718Lurgan Town LL13s played Glendowen at Ballymacoss in the Lisburn Shield 1st round on Saturday morning & ran out 4-1 winners keeping their 100% record intact with their sixth straight win.

Lurgan started the game fast & were all over Glendowen & should have been 2 up in the 1st 10 mins when Dylan Emerson & Shea Murphy both had good chances to break the dead lock. On 12 mins the same two boys were involved in the opening goal when a great through ball from Adhamh Towe in midfield found Dylan Emerson on the edge of box & his flick on put Shea Murphy in on goal which he coolly slotted home for his 5th goal of the season. 1-0 up Town were knocking the ball around the pitch with great conviction & in a move that saw 25 passes & a super save from the Glendowen keeper from a Dylan Alexander shot that would have surely been a goal of the season contender. With the mid-field of Andrew Orr, Jamie Stringer, Dylan Alexander & Adhamh Towe the Town boys were completely in control & soon added the 2nd goal when a bad throw out by the Glendowen keeper landed at the feet of Dylan Alexander who took it under control & fired in a shot from 30 yards out right over the head of the keeper & in to the back of the net to make it 2-0.

With just minutes to go to the half time break Andrew Orr nearly made it three when he was sent down the left wing by a super ball from Conan Moore he cut in to the box & hit a thunderbolt of a shot only to see a fantastic save at his near post from the Glendowen keeper. That’s how the half ended with town boys 2 goals to the good .

The 2nd half started a bit more open with both teams having a few long range shots but didnt trouble either keeper much. Jamie Stringer nearly made it three when he was sent down the right wing by Luke Vennard; he cut inside beat two defender’s but hit his left footed shot straight at the keeper.

Glendowen got a goal back when a great ball into the Town box from the right wing fell lovely for their forward to tuck away to make the score 2-1. This seemed to waken the Town boys up & straight from the centre a ball over the top from Krisy Cassells set Jamie Stokes on a race with the Glendowen defence which he won & slotted his shot past the advancing keeper to make it 3-11 & with 5 minutes to go it was Jamie Stokes again on the score sheet when a great pass from the impressive centre back Ethan Browne found Andrew Orr out on the left & a 1st time cross caught the Glendowen keeper & defender’s napping & Jamie Stokes nipped in to score in the open net. With the score now at 4-1 the game was dead as a contest & thats how it finished. Town go into the next round of the lisburn shield.

The boys go on to next week’s derby with Portadown with a another win under their belt & in good confident form. Well done boys for another great team performance.

Squad – Diarmuid Whitmarsh, Luke Vennard, Conan Moore, Krisy Cassells, Ethan Browne, Jamie Stokes, Jamie Stringer, Dylan Alexander, Adhamh Towe, Dylan Emerson, Shea Murphy, Andrew Orr , Jack Calvert