Hard Fought Win For LL13s

New Badge LargeLurgan Town U13s played Hillsborough boy’s yesterday in the Lisburn League at Wallace park & came away with a hard fought 3-2 win. The match was played in heavy rain. The conditions were really bad for playing football so credit has to go to both teams for putting on such a good performance.

Hillsborough started the brighter of the 2 team having a couple of half chance but never really troubled Jack Calvert in goals. Then Town had their 1st chance of the game when Jamie Stringer broke down the right & whipped in a great cross but with Shea Murphy stretching he just failed to put it away. Hillsborough had some good possession in the 1st half but town’s defence stood strong with Ethan Browne making his Town debut he was superb at the heart of the defence along with Patryk Suchonski & full backs Conan Moore & Krissy Cassells.

Town took the lead on 20 minutes when Andrew Orr played a one two with Adhamh Towe who’s through ball put Dylan Emerson in one on one with keeper & he made no mistake rounding the keeper & slotting the ball into the open net. Hillsborough levelled the score 5 minutes later with a long range shot but back came the Town boys 2 minutes later when Luke Vennard passed to Adhamh Towe & he went on a great run past 3 Hillsborough players into the box & just as he was about to shoot he was brought down for a penalty. Adhamh got up dusted himself down & slotted the pen home to make it 2 – 1 at half-time.

Town captain Matthew McKee came on at half-time & with him, Adhamh Towe, Andrew Orr & Jamie stringer controlling mid-field town started to dominate play & with in 10 minutes a through ball from Dylan Alexander put Andrew Orr in on goal & he riffled in a right footed shot into the roof of the net to make it 3- 1. 5 minutes later Jamie Stokes won a tackle on the right wing & passed to Dylan Emerson who had a great chance to wrap things up but fired his shot straight at the keeper.

Then with 10 minutes to go the ref sent Dylan Alexander off for kicking the ball away after the whistle had gone for the 2nd time. Down to 10 boys the lads dug in well & didn’t panic but with 2 minutes to go Hillsborough got their 2nd goal. With the score now at 3-2 it was a nervous last couple of minutes but the boys stood firm to win the match 3-2.

This was another good team performance but special mention must go to Ethan Browne on his debut & his centre defensive partner Patryk Suchonski for their men of the day performances.