Another Final For LL12s

under 12 lisburn lesague 2Lurgan Town Lisburn League U12s played Banbridge Rangers in the semi-final of the Lisburn Cup on Saturday morning at Lisburn Rec and came away with a 3-0 win. This puts them into their 2nd final in 2 weeks having already reached the final of the NIBFA cup.

The Town boys have been in great form of late & carried that on into this match. The game started with both teams having a few long range shots but didn’t trouble either keeper. It was a tight affair with plenty of tackles going on in midfield and both keepers were called into action with in a minute of each other. Shea Murphy saved well down to his right & then the Banbridge Rangers keeper saved well from a close range effort from Jamie Stokes. It was on the 20 minute mark when Town broke the deadlock when Patryk Suchonski hit a shot from just in side the Banbridge Rangers half which caught the keeper of his line & the ball sailed over his head into the top corner of the goal. It stayed like that until half time.

The 2nd half started a bit more open with both teams having a few half chances but the Town boys started to take control & should have been two up when a great pass down the right from Krissy Cassells found the tricky Jamie Stringer who cut inside but saw his shot come back off the cross bar. With 5 minutes to go Town killed the game off when they scored their 2nd goal when a long kick out from the keeper Shea Murphy found Jamie Stringer out on the right. With a great controlled touch he cut inside & drilled a low shot into the bottom corner of the goal. Banbridge pushed forward from the restart but found Town’s defence of Cassells, Suchonski, Andrew Orr and the impressive Daniel Dillon unbeatable. With 2 minutes remaining the Town boys added the 3rd goal with both subs involved in a good passing move. Luke Vennard played a great pass into the feet of Dylan Emerson who passed to Dylan Alexander to set up the influential Bobby Harvey. With 1 touch to get the ball out of his feet he curled a right footed shot from 25 yards into the top right corner of the goal to make the final score 3-0.

Credit has to go to the Lurgan Town boys for their great achievement. To get to 1 final is great but to get to 2 is nothing short of amazing. Well done lads.