Great Fight Back

1st-team-3The first team hosted Craigavon City looking to bounce back from the two disappointing results in the weeks prior to the game.
matt hollis
Matt Hollis: On Scoresheet Once again

Things couldn’t have gotten of to a worse start when town found themselves 2 goals down in the opening ten minutes, the same as the previous weeks defeat to Dungannon Tigers. The first game when a corner was half cleared to an unmarked Craigavon player at the edge of the box who controlled and guided his volley into the far corner. It was soon two when a cheap foul gave Craigavon a free kick in range. With a favourable breeze the Craigavon mad found the top corner. Craigavon controlled the first half hour and should have probably extended their lead to kill the game but luckily for down they didn’t. With five minutes to the half Town grabbed their lifeline when a superb David Hamilton touch allowed him to race clear of the defender and rifle into the top corner from 20 yards out.

david hamilton
David Hamilton: Hat Trick

A stern half time discussion saw Town come out firing like they had been recently and within five minutes had the equaliser when Hamilton again fired home from the edge of the area. Town kicked on and completed the turnaround when a classy disguised pass from Adam Glenn released Matt Hollis to fire past the keeper. It was then four when Adam Glenn scored a 30 yard free kick, albeit with a little help from the Craigavon keeper. Town at this stage were in complete control and Craigavon looked a shell of the team that had started so well. Town made it five when Aaron Greenaway danced past two defenders only to be pulled back in the area resulting in a penalty being awarded. Up stepped Hamilton who made no mistake completing his hat-trick. Craigavon got a late consolation when ex town player Andy Heaney scored from a penalty awarded in the dying seconds. A superb comeback performance from Town when they could have easily folded following a poor start.